We strive to be an "S3" church by:
- Seeking the lost for God
- Sharing the love of God
- Serving the least for God
We are a church family that exalts God in all that we do by experiencing our faith as a community, by evangelizing our neighbors, and by edifying and equipping one another for ministry, so that we can extend encouragement and hope through our mission outreach to the entire world.
Seven individuals had a "vision" to organize a Baptist Church in 1847. This fledgling church struggled for about eleven years and then dropped out of existence. It was under the leadership of Reverend Joseph Brown that the First Baptist Church was officially organized on February 18, 1875. The church grew and expanded from the original "schoolhouse" that first housed the congregation. The original building (located on Armstrong and Taylor streets) was destroyed by an electrical fire on March 23, 1984. Many expressions of love and support were conveyed by the people of First Congregational Church (on Mulberry St.) when the opened their doors to us, enabling us to worship in their building. In June of 1985, a new building was erected at its' current location, with a dedication service in July of 1985. On Thanksgiving Sunday in November of 1994, we were able to have a "mortgage
burning" celebration! This ministry has celebrated almost one hundred and forty years of God's faithfulness and provision. We are blessed to have such a "rich tradition" of those who have gone before us and look forward with expectancy to what God has in store for us in the future!
Visit your favorite app store to download the free FBC app and get connected!